1. Summer is one of my favorite times of the year because it is the season of harvests, warmth, BBQ's, birthdays, campouts, bike rides, weddings, spontaneous swims, sprinklers, homemade popsicles and sun tea!
2. I adore strawberries and for the past few nights they are all that I have had for dinner. U-picking berries in the summer is so magical and the most delicious activity you can do! We have been making strawberry jam because it sells out each year at the fruit stand.
3. I love swimming in the lakes around our farm(Laurence/Lost) and cannot wait till the afternoons to get hot enough to jump in! So many fond memories swimming with my sibs.
4. Grateful that my my body is on the mend from the wreck. The bruising was completely erased with the arnica cream that everyone suggested(a thousand thank you's) and I am head to chiropractor/massage regularly to get my neck muscles calmed down and relaxed again. So very grateful to be alive and healing well!
5. I learned that 1 out of 7 farms is ran by a woman. So grateful and honored to be one of them.
6. I have been attempting to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and so far I have lost 8 lbs!!!
7. We broke ground for our Apple Cider building this week!. Coming soon sweet cider and hard cider at Mt. View Orchards! From our orchard to your glass!
8. My lil house is getting closer to being done every week and I am thrilled to have a place of my own soon!!! Its been over a year and folks, its time!
9. June is the most expensive month to be a farmer but thankfully I haven't had a tearful melt down this month(yet :). I am finding my groove as a farmer and the financial piece isn't taking me out like it had been the months prior.
10. I am grateful to have a few life long friends and one is coming to see the farm this morning with her family. I am so stoked when my people want to come and see what I have been pouring my blood, sweat and tears in this year and I cannot wait to show her around.
11. We have widened the farm driveway to our fruit stand so when we are busy in the fall we will have less of a bottleneck when people are coming into the heart of our orchard to get some fresh fruit.
12. We have a clean and abundant crop of apples, pears and peaches hanging on our trees and I couldn't be more thankful.
13. I believe sunshine shining through pear trees is one of the most beautiful things to see and sit under.
14. I love eating outside in the summer and hope to start the Al Fresco dinners this evening!
15. I love cooking with fire! Grilled veggies, fruit, meat, pizza dough, smores and an occasional hebrew national hot dog on a stick cooking in fire pit.
16. We are going to have sweet, tree ripened Cherries at our fruit stand by the end of the month! June 26th! There is absolutely nothing like a perfectly ripened cherry. Hooray for SUMMER!
17. I am grateful to be a farmer, grateful for summertime and grateful for all the friends of our farm like you, friend. Cheers! (xoxo your grateful farmer)