1. My mom is out on the farm working as many hours or more to help this farming transition be successful. I am so very humbled by her love, daily help and endless support. (She also helps the neighboring farms as well, this woman has a heart of gold and my sHERO!)
2. By some miracle of God, I am making all my farm payments, paying all my bills and I have ZERO credit card debt! (Unbelievably grateful and in awe!)
3. I am working 7 days a week right now to get all my jobs done but I am satisfied with my work and things are coming together making me feel like one day there will be more days of rest in the winter months. (Dreaming of a glorious vacation in November!)
4. We have such an abundant and delicious crop of peaches this year. Come pick peaches these next weeks with your friends and family. (All the thanksgiving!)
5. Our Cidery where we will press Apple Cider for our fruit stand and house our NEW Hard Cider plans is going to be finished TOMORROW!!! (Ah yeah!)
6. My lil home is almost complete and my move in date is set for one week. (Thankful for my contractors, for completion and that I did not go "nutso" waiting for them to finish.)
7. Our All Fruit CSA has been a "Wild Success," and I am getting so many thank you notes from our CSA family that they are devouring their box each week and that Thursdays are their favorite day of the week this summer.
8. I am so honored to be collaborating with so many amazing businesses in our region and so farmer proud to partner with some of my favorite eateries and breweries in a sustainable way!
9. Friends of Mt. View Orchards keep showing up each week and make the conscious decision to buy their fruit directly from our small family farm. I cannot express how this makes my heart smile to be so backed by people that care about local farms and want to help sustain our way of life for generations to come. Existing customers are our life blood!
10. I love Dahlias and they are are in bloom and so very colorful and happy. Come u-pick these flowers and make a beautiful bouquet for our home this weekend!
11. Our core values are growing high quality delicious fruit, being affordable, sustainable, kind and generous. I have made the decision to donate a portion of all our fruit harvest to the local Food bank so everyone in our region can enjoy fresh local fruit!
12. I make mistakes every day and have to apologize often.
13. "In most cases, being a good Boss means hiring talented people and then getting out of their way." (Tina Fey)
14. I believe in supporting the next generation of female farmers in our region and I bought a pig from a young farmer last week. Come meet Oreo, the pig on our farm. He loves it here and all the fresh fruit.
14. Trying to be my bravest version of my self. Harvest season is a combination of thrilling and terrifying and I am praying all the prayers that I will be carried through. (xoxo your grateful farmer)