1. I am so grateful for my mother and her 60+ years of experience farming. She is a pioneer as a female farmer and loves our small family farm. She is an amazing teacher, friend and mentor. I love carrying on my families farming legacy and being a female farmer like her.
2. I am grateful that we are over halfway completed with our pruning. This is critical for shaping our trees for the upcoming harvests in the summer and fall. We have 50+ acres so please pray we might have more people show up looking for work because blossoms come in april and we need to be done soon.
3. For all the swollen buds on our fruit trees and the hope of a harvest this year.
4. I am a farmer who ferments! For the upcoming Wassail Cider party. This is our 2nd year singing to our trees to awaken them from winter. We are a farm that gathers and I am so excited to reconnect with friends again and pray for our cider trees this month.
5. For my new farming friends in town who share meals with me and laugh about our stranger than fiction lives as farmers.
6. I made it through tax season(just barely) and am still able to pay all my monthly bills and keep this small family farm afloat. I love farming, the farming finances has been scaring the bejesus out of me each month since the start.
7. For all the friends of our farms sending in there $600 deposits to join our All Fruit CSA 2016. For more information about this please head here. Buying farm direct really helps allow young farmers like me to remain in farming so please consider joining and befriending our farm. Lets cut out the middle man already and give our farmers a 50% raise on the beautiful crops they grow. Buying local matters! Get out of the big box stores and head to a farm when you want fresh food!
8. For all the lovely couples that have fallen in love with our Orchard Meadow and want to get married here this Summer and next. Stay tuned for a Wedding Give away coming soon, friends.
9. For a warm home, warm baths and warm coats and farming in the winter cause baby its cold outside.
10. I am grateful for our ample irrigation water, even though it tripled in price!!! (Yikes)
11. For our dried comice pears to munch on when I am riding on a tractor and needing a snack!
12. For speaking events and invitations to share my love of farming with others. Always honored and love that the female farming project is well received.
13. I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family and dreams that turned into reality, xoxo your grateful farmer, Trina